Friday 8 February 2013

Allow me to introduce you to my wasps' nest!

Being involved in a project with people who speak no English sometimes proves too much for Google Translate.  This was the case with the mysterious vespaio.  

I was told it would be fitted after they had dug down on the ground floor in order to prevent damp.  Literally translated it means wasps' nest which wasn't much help!  With a few drawings by the project manager I came to have a better understanding, but still I hadn't quite visualised this:

The wasps' nest in situ
Little black plastic igloos!  I'll sleep better at night knowing these little guys are on the front line in the war against damp!  I've never seen anything like it!  Do we have this for damp proofing in UK?  
Wasps' nest covered in conrete
Renovation Ragazza - making sure you never look foolish on an Italian building site again!

No comments:

Post a Comment