Friday 29 March 2013

How do you say "Grrrrrr!" in Italian?!

This week I have mostly been waiting for other people to do things they were meant to do weeks (and in some cases months) ago.  Unfortunately, we're not talking people owing me a fiver or returning borrowed DVDs.  Instead it's councils and their ridiculous bureaucracy getting in the way of common sense (and this is in UK, not Italy!), buyers of my house in UK not exchanging contracts weeks after the original deadline and an agent's guaranteed buyers for flats in my big UK project not processing in time.

The fact that they all involve money coming my way, money earmarked to fund the work on the new house where builders are waiting to be paid, increases my stress levels. Truth is, with 4 maxed-out credit cards, a bank loan and all savings drained, finances are beyond tight.  This is not the way I planned it!

But, where there's a will there's a way: thankfully managed to borrow some more money and a new agency have 12 viewings of the house in UK lined up this weekend despite it being Easter.

Foolhardy as I may sound, I'm sure it's going to be okay.

In the meantime, while refreshing my inbox for news and pestering my poor solicitor to make things happen, I have been under pressure to provide lighting schemes, electrical plans and kitchen layout for the new house. This ragazza likes kitchens with banks of tall larder units, long stretches of worktop and big breakfast bar islands to seat impromptu guests so you'll understand why its not straight forward planning this kitchen - windows in 3 walls, a staircase in the 4th and no right angles in sight!

No, not my most stress-free week!

P.S. Apologies if this seems a moany post.  The reality is that doing up properties anywhere involves large sums of money and a degree of uncertainty.  That's somewhat multiplied when in another country and language so it wouldn't be right to gloss over the scary stuff!  Definitely not for the faint-hearted!

No comments:

Post a Comment