Tuesday 15 January 2013

Snow?

I hear it was snowing yesterday across a lot of UK including London and the south-east.  Here it was 14 celsius. Now, that may sound a little smug, but I mention it as I have been really feeling the cold here despite it being so mild compared to the 2 or 3 degrees when I left UK!  How long does it take to get acclimatised?  My friend thinks I'm turning into a proper Puglian already!

P.S. Dangerously upping the smugness level, but have I mentioned yet how much I love the sea?  The first day of this trip I got tears in my eyes seeing it glisten in the sunlight and thinking this was my new home.  Last night it caught me by surprise again hearing the sound of the waves when everything else was quiet.  We don't have our dream home yet as our new house isn't directly on the seafront but I think I can live with a 3 minute walk for now!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about feeling the cold here even though it's much milder than the UK! At first I though it was so funny to see people bundled up in big coats and scarves even in March and April...but I've started to do it too! Definitely turning Puglian!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy, thanks for dropping by :) I love your blog. It's great to read after 2 years Puglia really feels like home for you.
    Weather update: after this post this morning, today went on to be a complete wash out - thunder and lightning, streets turning to rivers - maybe I should be more careful what I complain about!

    ReplyDelete