Thursday 5 December 2013

Piano piano (slowly slowly)!

The house is at a funny in-between stage right now: full of belongings and with the bed made up but missing handy things like door handles, kitchen door handles, sofa, tv (okay, I never said they were essentials!).  We're a level or two above squatting but not really moved in!  For weeks, I have been daydreaming about sitting on our sofa with a good film on the telly and a home-made chilli hot chocolate and although the room looks like this right now (warning: no tidying up done for these photos!)...

The rescued chairs are coming in handy for now!
Mr RR's office door on left of pic, balcony doors on right!

...I have confidence that tomorrow evening I'll be able to indulge my sofa, tv and hot chocolate desires!  Let's see if the sofa delivery guys and electrician play their part and I'll try to find skooshy cream!

Something I hadn't taken into consideration but is glaringly obvious right now before the sofa arrives is that we have nothing absorbing sound.  What a difference carpet usually makes in this respect!  Currently Mr RR's sneezes echo round the empty stone rooms and make the glass in the windows ring!

Another aspect of the exposed stone ceilings is tufo dust, or as I think of it, house dandruff!  Even though it's been coated with a treatment, you do from time to time wake up to find a fine sprinkling!

Don't judge me!  There's more to life than housework!

And to make up for some posts that have been a little heavy of late, on a bit of a tangent from house dandruff, I thought I'd share what always helps me: the view from our roof terrace kitchen...  

Oh my days!  Love love love our starlit backdrop!

...and in Crediting my inspiration Aerosmith, I mentioned I had a song that kept me focussed and feisty, especially in the first few weeks after making the decision to buy a place in Italy.  I used to listen to it on repeat on my early morning jog (Ooh: it's been a while!) and it was a great start to the day.

So here it is: a bit of a change of genre from Aerosmith (bear with it, the song starts proper around 1:15), but powerful and goose bumpy all the same:



Anyone else inspired by this track?  Have favourite lyrics from it?  If only Italy were in the Western skies from UK it would be just about perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment