Monday 5 August 2013

What gets Italian builders working like they just can't stop?!

Answer: I wish I knew!

Our builders went home at 1pm to get some lunch.  They will return in approx 3 hours to continue working.  I've always assumed this break was unavoidable but perhaps I'm doing something wrong...

The builders working on the site opposite my friend's house have been working through lunch even as I type 4pm.  They also have Tina Turner's song Simply the Best on repeat - literally, on repeat - for hours!  Do you think they've hypnotised the builders to work for as long as the track plays?!  Is it possible my Italian builders need 80s rock to make them happier doing whatever it takes to finish?!

Work continues without break
P.S. In reality, I am sure that whoever owns this building is throwing a lot more money at it than we can afford to, and here, as everywhere, money talks, so that's the real answer to my original question!

P.P.S. For the avoidance of any doubt, as I have been getting requests for more photos of our place, I repeat, sadly, this is not our Palazzo!  Word on the street is it's going to be a museum.  Stunning!

The door to the Palazzo during my last visit
The door today with work going on
Mamma mia!  What an incredible entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment