Friday 11 October 2013

A run-in with the police!

Today started with a bit of excitement: I got pulled over by the police! They were on the side of the road seemingly pulling every car over for a spot check.

This happened once before when I was with my Italian friend. On that occasion they kept us at least 15 minutes, checking insurance details, proof of ownership and so on, not caring when she said she was going to be late to collect her kids from school. 

Today by contrast, I saw them casting their eyes over the car with the foreign plates as I pulled over and after a quick glance at the very un-Italian-looking ragazza inside it, they indicated I should go, (reassuring me that local residents haven't been all been reporting the terrible English driver!). I'm guessing it's more trouble than it's worth trying to interrogate a tourist who'll probably play dumb and pretend they speak no Italian!  Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment