Monday 7 October 2013

Still homeless and living like a bag lady!

I feel like I'm holding out on you in terms of pictures of progress in our place.  The main reason is because it isn't finished and the progress is hard to show you for as long as the forefront of any photo continues to be the same big pile of dusty boxes!

We can't be more than a week away from getting the industrial cleaners in and then we can move in and unpack, but I have thought that oh-so-many times before, and, honestly, it's getting tiresome.

Telling caring, enquiring Italians it's quasi finita (almost finished); telling caring, enquiring Brits it's moving forward; making and hearing jokes about it being ready for Christmas (in both languages!); responding "I really don't think so!" to the builder's statement that he wants to be finished and out of there more than I want him to be finished and out of there: it all gets tiresome!  

I'm tired of having our lives in a jumble of dust-covered boxes and carrier bags, I'm tired of feeling like a burden on our lovely friends and family and I'm tired of having to make plans week by week as the builder's "we'll be finished in 2 days" fails to materialise again.

Anyone who's had builders renovate their home knows this feeling.  Today's the first day it's hit hard.  

With just one day before I fly back out to Italy there's so much I should be getting done which adds to the pressure, and means I can't afford to wallow ... just time instead for a little chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment