Sunday 13 July 2014

Clarifying my background for the locals!

This has not been an easy week.  I'm not dwelling on it and the less said about it the better.  

There were however two questions I was asked that made me smile.

Firstly, our not very friendly neighbour who insists she never understands a word I say, asked our electrician to ask me which country I'm from.  I replied Inghilterra ("England") and she asked if that was near Canada!  I'm guessing, like many people here, she hasn't travelled far from Monopoli!

Secondly, the electrician's new helper asked me if I fai TV, which really threw me - Do I make TV?  Do we have TV in uk?  Eventually he asked me what I did for work and the electrician explained that I buy old houses, renovate and sell them, to which the young guy replied that he'd seen programmes on Sky of people doing the same, so he was asking did I make these programmes?!  I'm not sure if it's so rare to be a property developer in Italy that he assumed it was the same in UK and so with all those programmes I must have featured on one if them, or if he actually thought I was Sarah Beeny!!  Either way I assured him that no, I didn't make TV shows and wasn't famous, but I'll take it as flattering all the same!!

Saying goodbye and good riddance to this week...

... and looking forward to better days ahead, thankful for all the blessings in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment